Read the latest news from campus: How campus units are collaborating to provide PPE for medical staff • UCLA researchers and global effort to test therapies • A summary of the "CARES Act" Congress signed into law and Gift Planning news. read more
New rates for UCLA charitable gift annuities
Starting July 1, establish a UCLA charitable gift annuity and take advantage of the new, higher payout rates!
- Receive income for life at a higher payment rate (see sample chart below). This could be a source of additional retirement income that is not tied to market fluctuations and that you cannot outlive.
- Payments can start right away or may be deferred for an even more advantageous rate.
- You can enjoy immediate tax benefits with a charitable income tax deduction. If you are funding your annuity with appreciated securities, you can also reduce capital gains tax.
- And, a portion of your annuity payment is tax-free for a number of years.
Sample Payment Rate Increase
|Age||Old Rate||New Rate|
800-737-UCLA (8252) • email@example.com
New Tax Law Changes with the CARES Act
Congress recently passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) that includes several charitable tax provisions to encourage giving. These include:
- A new deduction for donors who do not itemize when filing their tax returns. If you do not itemize but make a cash gift to charity, you will be allowed to take a special tax deduction, up to $300, to reduce your tax liability.
- An increase in the deduction limit up to 100% of a donor's annual income for cash gifts (previously the deduction was capped at 60% of annual income). If you make a gift, you will be able to deduct more this year.
If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities, please contact UCLA's Gift Planning team at 800-737-8252 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also let us know how we can help you during this time.
Support UCLA through your Estate
A flexible way to build a meaningful legacy and strengthen the university and its mission. read more
Give and Receive Income and Tax Advantages
A life income gift allows you to give assets to UCLA while providing yourself or others with income for life or a set period of time. read more
Give and Receive Tax Benefits
Some types of planned gifts provide you with significant tax advantages. read more
A Lifetime's Legacy
Read about why and how Karen Ito decided to support UCLA with a bequest. read more
Preserving the Past for the Future
Read about why and how Marty Cooper and Barbara Roisman Cooper decided to support UCLA with a bequest. read more
The Story Continues...
Read about why and how Norman Powell decided to support UCLA by establishing charitable gift annuities and a bequest. read more
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library has undergone an extensive seismic retrofit and brought into compliance with the ADA. read more
Memory and Mood
A study conducted by UCLA researchers shows curcumin improved memory and mood. read more